"Shelter in Place," original collage, 20" x 16"
We've been told to "shelter in place" and not leave our homes. Everything is closed down except for essential businesses and services. The effect ripples out into our communities and the world as the economy comes to a screeching halt and the stock market crashes.
The "Surviving Lockdown" collages were created in response to the experience of the coronavirus pandemic and lockdown. Before the pandemic, I was creating large, flowing abstract paintings. With lockdown, my world suddenly shrunk, and I felt like I wanted to work small. I had a large collection of old magazines, and decided to use them for collage. I layered images to make abstract designs that documented my observations and feelings about the coronavirus crisis.
Sustainability is an important part of my artistic practice, and each one-of-a-kind collage is created using images and text cut from discarded magazines. I also incorporate other mediums including enamel paint, tulle netting, colored pencil and graphite.
Allow an extra 10 days for framing.
- 20" x 16" original collage
- collage and enamel on canvas panel
- coated with UV varnish for durability and to protect against fading
- signed by the artist on the back
- framed in a 3/4" simple black frame without glass
- FedEx shipping within the US
- contact me for an international shipping quote
- artwork guarantee - if you don't love it, return it