"Purple Pool Party," original collage, 14" x 11"
Time to break free from the seriousness of restrictions and social unrest and have some fun!
This heart collage is a one-of-a-kind piece created by layering images and text cut from discarded magazines. I use the cut pieces to make abstract designs that document my observations and feelings about the world.
Each collage begins with a central image that evokes a feeling I want to depict. I build the background around this image to fill out the theme of the piece. Some of the pieces are sanded down to reveal imagery underneath, and other pieces use lace or tulle to partially obscure part of the collage.
The heart collages are a voice of compassion and understanding in a world that sometimes doesn't hear. They're offered as a way to comfort and soothe difficult emotions.
Sustainability is an important part of my artistic practice, and each one-of-a-kind collage is created using images and text cut from discarded magazines. I also incorporate other mediums including lace, tulle netting, colored pencil and graphite.
- 14" x 11" original collage
- collage and tulle on cradled wood panel
- coated with UV varnish for durability and to protect against fading
- 3/4 inches deep with natural wood sides
- signed by the artist on the back
- wired and ready to hang, with or without a frame
- USPS Priority shipping within the US
- contact me for an international shipping quote
- artwork guarantee - if you don't love it, return it