"Shadow Self," original painting, 30" x 24"
Our Shadow Self is the darker side of our nature, the ugly and frightening parts of ourselves. Acknowledging it can be a pathway to healing and an authentic life.
My art is an exploration of materials and emotion -- a reflection of my interest in nature and life -- drawing on patterns and motifs found in the natural and built world.
Sustainability is an important part of my artistic practice, and each one-of-a-kind piece is created using repurposed, upcycled and natural materials.
These pieces are more magnificent when seen in person -- photographs don’t convey the texture and depth of the work. Those who experience my art can feel the devotion that went into the making of it.
- 30" x 24" original painting
- repurposed acrylic latex paint and charcoal on canvas
- coated with UV varnish for durability and to protect against fading
- gallery wrap canvas, 1-1/2 inches deep with painted sides
- signed by the artist on the back
- wired and ready to hang
- FedEx shipping within the US
- contact me for an international shipping quote
- artwork guarantee - if you don't love it, return it
What People Are Saying
"Your painting looks so stunning on my wall, I cannot believe it!!!" Ann Whitehead, Marysville, WA
"Home again and received your paintings. I have to say, they are even more extraordinary than hoped! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!" Connie Ekelund, Vancouver, BC
"I returned from vacation a few days ago and went to pick up the painting. I LOVE it! It's more beautiful in person than I even imagined." Oriana Fowler, Chicago, IL
"We received the painting and we absolutely love it. We hung it on the wall yesterday and it really 'makes' the room." Erica Hogan, Houston, TX