"Girl Power - In Remembrance of Carole Spence," original collage, 24" x 24"
This piece was inspired by my friend Carole Spence, who recently passed away. Red was her favorite color, and she often combined it with what she called "poison green."
The collage depicts the blossoming of divine feminine consciousness in a culture that has historically undervalued women.
The collage was made by layering images and text cut from discarded magazines. I use all of the pages of the magazines, including the pages that only have text on them. The text becomes the background for these pieces.
Most of the text is obscured, but little bits here and there are readable, adding an element of mystery and intrigue. The text is symbolic of the relentless noise in the outside world and the incessant chatter inside our minds.
- 24" x 24" original collage
- collage on cradled wood panel
- coated with UV varnish for durability and to protect against fading
- 1-1/2 inches deep with natural wood sides
- signed by the artist on the back
- wired and ready to hang, with or without a frame
- FedEx shipping within the US
- contact me for an international shipping quote
- artwork guarantee - if you don't love it, return it