"Hijinks in Red," original collage, 20" x 20"
This piece started out as an ode to healing pinks, but took a detour in its development. The pinks, yellows and lavender weren't coming together as I had hoped, and on a whim, I added the bold reds along with a little green and black.
Now it's stunning, and I call it "Hijinks in Red," because it didn't turn out to be a pink piece at all.
The collage was made by layering images and text cut from magazines. I use the cut pieces to make abstract designs that document my observations and feelings about life.
Sustainability is an important part of my artistic practice, and each one-of-a-kind collage is created using pieces cut from discarded magazines.
- 20" x 20" original collage
- collage on cradled wood panel
- coated with UV varnish for durability and to protect against fading
- 1-1/2 inches deep with natural wood sides
- signed by the artist on the back
- wired and ready to hang, with or without a frame
- FedEx shipping within the US
- contact me for an international shipping quote
- artwork guarantee - if you don't love it, return it