"Taming the Waves 2," original painting, 24" x 24"
I often have dreams about huge waves. I can be in the middle of a city, and the waves show up, threatening to engulf me.
I had a dream the other night where I was living in a glass house at the beach. You know if you're at the beach, the waves will appear. Sure enough, the waves came -- huge thirty-foot blue-green tidal waves that consumed everything in their path.
I held my breath hoping that the glass would hold against the incessant pounding of the water, and it did, until I woke up with a start.
The waves are most likely a metaphor for something deep in my subconscious, and their meaning isn't clear to me. I've had these dreams for many years, and it occured to me that perhaps it's time to make friends with the waves.
I created this painting to tame the waves of my dreams. It expresses the cyclic and unpredictable nature of the ocean and waves.
- 36" x 36" original painting
- repurposed acrylic latex paint on canvas
- gallery wrap canvas, 1-1/2 inches deep with painted sides
- signed by the artist on the back
- ready to hang with or without a frame
- FedEx Ground shipping for US and Canada
- contact me for an international shipping quote