"Magnetic North," original abstract painting, 30" x 30"
Magnetic north is the direction that a compass needle points, and it's different from true north. Magnets and magnetic north are used to heal abnormal conditions in the body. The shape of the earth's magnetic field is a toroid, which looks like a doughnut in three dimentions, and is represented by a ring in this original painting. The iron oxide patterns in this piece were created with thin metal rods that are used in construction. I then masked off the toroid design and applied layers of contrasting cool-hued paint to complete the piece. The splattered paint forms a rich and complex background for the rust-stained toroid.
Color palette: rusts, dark brown, steel blue, grays
- original painting, 30 x 30 inches
- iron oxide and repurposed acrylic latex paint on canvas
- gallery wrap canvas, 1-1/2 inches deep
- painted sides
- signed on the back
- ready to hang with or without a frame
- FREE SHIPPING for paintings within the United States and Canada.
- Contact me for an international shipping quote.
- Orders ship within three days after your order is placed.
- Original art ships FedEx Ground with tracking and insurance.
- Shipments within the US and Canada arrive in 2-5 days.