"Barely There," original collage, 14" x 11"
A feeling of being between worlds -- one foot in this world, and one foot somewhere else. Not being fully present. Maybe not of this world, or not fully incarnated.
These collages were created to explore unconscious feelings as a part of trauma recovery therapy. The symbol of the heart depicts love and compassion for myself while dealing with difficult circumstances.
This collage was made by layering images and text cut from magazines. I use the cut pieces to make abstract designs that document my observations and feelings.
Sustainability is an important part of my artistic practice, and each one-of-a-kind collage is created using images and text cut from discarded magazines. I also incorporate other mediums including enamel paint, tulle netting, colored pencil and graphite.
- 14" x 11" original collage
- collage and lace on cradled wood panel
- coated with UV varnish for durability and to protect against fading
- 3/4 inches deep with natural wood sides
- signed by the artist on the back
- wired and ready to hang, with or without a frame
- USPS Priority shipping within the US
- contact me for an international shipping quote
- artwork guarantee - if you don't love it, return it