"Lunacy," original collage, 12" x 12"
This collage piece started off as a paean to the phases of the moon that wasn't working out as I had hoped. I gave it a light spray of black paint, then used red spray paint and a stencil, and finally a splatter of gold, none of which helped.
I gave up on it and decided to sand it down so I could reuse the wood panel. That's when it took on a life of its own! Now it looks like an ancient artifact discovered in an archaeological dig, and I love the mysteriousness of it.
This collage is a one-of-a-kind piece created using images and text cut from discarded magazines. I layer the cut pieces to create a dynamic design, then sand down the piece to reveal imagery underneath.
- 12" x 12" original collage
- collage on cradled wood panel
- coated with UV varnish for durability and to protect against fading
- 3/4 inches deep with natural wood sides
- signed by the artist on the back
- wired and ready to hang, with or without a frame
- USPS Priority shipping within the US
- contact me for an international shipping quote
- artwork guarantee - if you don't love it, return it